Contracted Hours – 37.5 hrs per week
Salary – £40,000 per annum
This is a full time, permanent position.
Luxury Leisure are looking for a Property Manager to assist with the day to day running of an operational business that has in excess of 230 properties throughout the UK. The role will require the candidate to fully immerse themselves in the business and gain an understanding of the key property aspects, this will include visiting sites and managing external agents to ensure both value for money and cost saving where appropriate. Reporting to the Head of Property and working closely with the Property Administrator this role is envisaged to have a high degree of autonomy, you will take control of all aspects of the property management including landlord and tenant contact for both commercial and residential tenants. This will include needing to ensure compliance at all times including arranging contractors where appropriate. The role will require travel and overnight stays.
- Commission and monitor works required with our internal and bought in service providers. Assess effectiveness of the service providers and advise where changes maybe required.
- Provide high level technical advice and guidance around property management and project delivery to local governing bodies, senior management teams and operational staff.
- Undertake regular inspections to ensure SLA’s are maintained by contractors and the Estate is maintained to the highest standard.
- Develop and maintain relationships with landlords and external stakeholders to enable use of their channels and work corroboratively on joint projects where appropriate.
- Have a full grasp of the commercial parameters of what makes a successful portfolio.
- Production of presentations, budgets, tender analysis, contractor selection, programming, cost, valuation and progress management techniques and reports.
- Ensure landlords service charges represent value for money and challenge where necessary.
- Liaise with clients and external agents on lease related negotiations.
- Oversee and ensure all operational activities for the estate are carried out in accordance with all Company policies, procedures, legislative requirements, health & safety regulations and KPI’s.
- Drafting, maintaining, reviewing and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for individual buildings and the estate generally, in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Ensuring value and challenging landlords where necessary.
- Ensure regular inspections of the buildings structures are carried out and the agreed planned maintenance programme is implemented and completed in accordance with the required timescales.
- Ensure all management reports and related information is provided in accordance with the required timescales, accuracy and presentation standards.
- Liaise with external parties such as Local Council, fire authorities and others as applicable.
- Liaise with the rating agents to ensure timely rates appeals and provision of information.
- Visit each venue within the portfolio on an annual basis and additional as necessary.
- Liaise with senior management team, contractors and venue staff as appropriate regarding proactive and reactive maintenance works.
- Action and progress repair and maintenance requests through to completion.
- Monitor performance of bought in contractors, taking necessary action where efforts are lacking.
- Recognise, log, monitor and complete insurance claims, updating all parties throughout.
- Be familiar with and be able to interpret individual leases and transfer agreements and be able to confidently provide advice accordingly.
- Regularly liaise with the credit control department to understand and instruct in regard to the collection of service charge debt across the portfolio. Ensuring minimal debt in respect of tenants.
- Negotiate, complete and manage the central service contracts for the business.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting information for facilities costs and leasehold obligations to the finance and operations teams.
- Provision of monthly costs and KPI’s to key stakeholders.
- To be an ambassador of the company brand and culture.
- To have a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Maintain a positive outlook, creating energy and enthusiasm amongst departments and customers.
- Ensure you are “safe & legal”, fully compliant with regards to current legislation.
- Be familiar with Company, Landlord & Tenant and all Health & Safety legislation affecting the business.
- To keep up to date with legislation and any changes to legislation and implement accordingly.
- Business Development & Expansion
- Support the Head of Property in planning an effective mobilisation plan in relation to future business acquisitions and Greenfield locations.
- Support with business development & expansion work as and when required.
- Assist with the deployment of any refit programmes.
- Agree refits with the Finance department and understand budget parameters.
Health & Safety and Human Resources
Ensure all policy and procedures laid down by the company are adhered to.
Accountability to ensure you are is fully compliant in relation to the following procedures:
- Health & Safety
- Discipline & Grievance
- Maternity & Parental rights
- T&C’s of Employment
- Novomatic Code of Conduct
- Bullying & Harassment
- Social Responsibility
- Equality & Diversity
- Data Protection Act
- Working Time Directive
As part of our Property team you’ll have:
- The opportunity to earn length of service rewards including an enhanced holiday scheme
- The opportunity to earn bonus
- Life Assurance
- Company car, Phone and Laptop
- The opportunity to personally and professionally develop yourself
- Access to a unique online learning system
Who we are looking for?
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to build excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- Must have been RICS qualified for at least 5 years
What Happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be contacted by the Recruiter looking after the vacancy or the Hiring Manager. They will discuss the role with you, answer any questions you may have at this point and explain the next steps.
Please view our Recruitment Data Privacy Notice which is on our Company website.