Area Manager – Admiral Casinos and Slots (Luxury Leisure Talarius)
Permanent, Full time / 40 hours per week (5 days a week)
Covering up to 9 venues across the south of England
Salary – £37,000
What is the role?
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), the Area Manager (AM) will effectively manage the day to day running of their Venues. The AM will support and deliver the business strategy, through focused management and a store visit culture. The AM will have full accountability for their area teams, focusing on driving and maximising all profitability opportunities, within the Gaming, Tanning & Catering business streams. To be fully compliant, meet and exceed targets to develop the business. The AM will work closely with the ROM in order to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the business. The AM must liaise with management teams and support functions in order to maximise opportunities and minimise risk. The focus being on delivering results and giving the best service and experience to our customers.
You will be able to complete the following as part of your role:
- To achieve and exceed annual operating profits, gross revenues and targets as set out in the annual budget across the three business streams.
- Ensure tight cost control in line with budget and forecast requirements.
- Review area and store P&L, analyse and monitor financial performance.
- Ensure Store Managers fully understand their KPI targets and business opportunities.
- To be an ambassador of the company brand and culture.
- To lead, inspire and motivate the store teams to have a “can-do” attitude and happy to help approach.
- To ensure commercial foundations are in place for every store across the three business streams, ensuring that there is effective implementation of the company strategy
- Initiate and drive change, challenging rigid mindsets and out-dated ways of working
- Ensure all critical deadlines are achieved, i.e. payroll, compliance, auditing etc.
- Review and provide “field intelligence” on the competition across the three business streams on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular, documented management meetings and 1-2-1’s, to ensure effective communication of business updates and objectives.
- Lead our culture from the front, undertake regular store visits supporting, mentoring and coaching the Store Managers.
- Implement a strong service culture to your store management teams.
- To ensure customer complaints are resolved and dealt with effectively.
- To implement plans to better our customer satisfaction results (mystery shops) and exceed the company target.
- To ensure store teams understand the importance of repeat business and new customer acquisition.
- Make sure all employees are fully briefed on promotions/marketing activities
- Working closely with the Regional Operations Manager and the National Gaming Manager the AM will optimise the performance of products within the Gaming, Tanning and Catering business streams.
- To have commercial awareness of machines in the competitive arena, new product and industry movements.
- To manage the long-term efficiency, effectiveness and best use of various products across our three business streams.
- Coach and develop Venue Managers, Assistant Managers and supervisor’s knowledge to enhance their commercial awareness of our products.
- To continually review store layout to maximise revenue, whilst ensuring customer service/experience is not affected.
Machine Standards & Exceptions
- Any potential theft or fraud activity must be reported immediately to your ROM and Security Department
- All exceptions to be investigated weekly and unresolved issues to be reported to the ROM and Security Department.
- Monitor operating percentages ensure they are within the budget guidelines.
- Ensure the correct balance of machines at each store.
- Attend a minimum of one cash collection per week.
- Ensure employees are fully trained and are present to complete the weekly cash collection.
- Ensure an accurate cash collection is achieved, investigate and action any anomalies.
Building & Maintenance
- Conduct store and building maintenance inspections as instructed by your ROM.
- Report any security risks immediately to your ROM and Security Department, in relation to the general security of the building.
- Immediately action any emergency repairs including potential security risks in the property to the approved maintenance contractor and inform your ROM and Security Department where necessary.
- Refer all jobs for repair renewal to your ROM for authorisation
- To execute the regions marketing strategy as agreed with your ROM.
- To put forward local recommendations/strategies to your ROM.
- To brief and coach teams on promotion/marketing campaigns, ensuring they are fully committed to driving the promotion to succeed.
- Audit internal planograms are being adhered to
- Monitor the success of the promotion/marketing campaign and feedback to your ROM and Marketing Department using the analysis tools.
- Advise your ROM on changes to the local marketplace for example gaming, tanning & catering operators that have either entered or exited the area or have implemented any notable marketing strategies, campaigns and pricing policy.
Business Development & Expansion
- To suggest opportunities for expansion to your ROM.
- Support the ROM with the specific launch programme including consultation, induction and training processes.
- Support the business expansion projects as and when required.
Compliance & Security
- To adhere to the licensing objectives and licensing conditions (LCCP’s).
- As a personal management licence holder, you must always be aware of your responsibilities and fully comply.
- Ensure all stores are “safe & legal”, fully compliant with regards to current legislation met under The Gambling Act.
- Ensure the Gambling Commission objectives are followed and implemented without exception.
- Collate, review and sense check all social responsibility quarterly returns prior to forwarding to the Compliance Department.
- Address and action any issues found from the review and inform the Compliance Manager of any action taken.
- Audit areas of security such as CCTV, alarms, (personal attack), safes and critical locks.
- To ensure where applicable we have qualified appointed persons in place who are compliant with regards to food licences, alcohol licences, and treatment licence (Kwik Tan).
- Ensure all policy and procedures laid down by the company are adhered to.
Health & Safety and Human Resources
- Ensure employment functions including interviewing, hiring, inductions, coaching, performance management, appraisals/ disciplinary and salary reviews are actioned.
- Working in partnership with the HR department ensuring KPI targets are achieved with regards to cost, recruitment and retention.
- To introduce effective holiday rota ensuring a staggered approach across the year.
- Audit absence and holiday trackers are up to date and accurate.
- Accountability to ensure your area is fully compliant and safe in relation to the following:
- Health & Safety Fire
- Security Disability
- Discipline & Grievance Maternity & Parental rights Bullying & Harassment Social Responsibility Equality & Diversity
- Absence Management
- Terms & Conditions of Employment Working Time Directive
- Novomatic Code of Conduct
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to complete other reasonable duties.
Who are we looking for?
We are wanting to hear from you if you have previous multi-site management experience in a customer facing role alongside a can-do, customer focused attitude. You will be a People person with an approachable manner. You will have extensive experience in coaching and developing talent. Due to the Industry we operate in the successful candidate will need to undergo a Basic DBS check as part of this role. You will be:
- Commercially minded
- Extremely well organised
- Willing to travel due to the nature of the role
- A great communicator
- Able to motivate and get the best out of others
- Target & sales driven
- Experienced in a People Management capacity, ideally in a customer-facing role
- Well presented & professional
- A problem solver
- Proactive rather than reactive
- IT literate
- Customer orientated
As part of our Management team, you’ll have:
- The opportunity to earn Financial bonusses and well as recognition rewards
- Company Car
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Admiral (the trading name of Luxury Leisure Talarius) is part of the highly esteemed Novomatic Group and is a renowned provider of arcade and slots entertainment bringing the casino experience to the UK High Street. We operate the best gaming and amusement machines on the market with ongoing investment in the latest releases and technology. We pride ourselves on offering impeccable environments and service for customers to enjoy the experience.
We are a fast-paced, 7 days a week business and as such the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable.
Please view our Recruitment Data Privacy Notice which is on our Company website.