Area Manager – Admiral Casinos and Slots (Luxury Leisure Talarius)
Permanent, Full time / 40 hours per week (5 days a week)
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), the Area Manager (AM) will effectively manage the day to day running of their areas. The AM will support and deliver the business strategy, through focused management and a store visit culture. The AM will have full accountability for their area teams, centring on driving and maximising all financial opportunities, within the Gaming, Tanning & Catering business streams. To be fully compliant, meet and exceed target to develop the business. The AM will work closely with the ROM in order to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the business. The AM must liaise with management teams and support functions in order to maximise opportunities and minimise risk. The focus being on delivering results and giving the best service and experience to our customers.
You as a successful Area Manager, you will be able to complete the following as part of your overall role function:
- To achieve and exceed annual operating profits, gross revenues and targets as set out in the annual budget across the three business streams.
- Ensure tight cost control in line with budget and forecast requirements.
- Review area and store P&L, analyse and monitor financial performance.
- Ensure Store Managers fully understand their KPI targets and business opportunities.
- Monitor budgets by way of weekly control sheets reporting any anomalies to your ROM.
- Investigate any anomalies, report findings above the agreed tolerances.
- Highlight areas of financial concern and recommend action to improve profit conversion.
- Ensure that all controllable expenditure including payroll, marketing/promotions and general purchasing are in line with the agreed budgets.
- To be an ambassador of the company brand and culture.
- To lead, inspire and motivate the store teams to have a “can-do” attitude and happy to help approach.
- To ensure commercial foundations are in place for every store across the three business streams, ensuring that there is effective implementation of the company strategy
- Initiate and drive change, challenging rigid mindsets and out-moded ways of working
- Ensure all critical deadlines are achieved, i.e. payroll, compliance, auditing etc.
- Review and provide “field intelligence” on the competition across the three business streams on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular, documented management meetings and 1-2-1’s, to ensure effective communication of business updates and objectives.
- Working in conjunction with the HR department, ensure detailed personal development plans are in place and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure succession plans are in place, minimizing management and labour gaps.
- Recognise and celebrate team and individual success.
- Make time to listen to the team and individual ideas/concerns and problems.
- Maintain a positive outlook, creating energy and enthusiasm amongst team and customers.
- Lead our culture from the front, undertake regular store visits supporting, mentoring and coaching the Store Managers.
- Work with Heads of Departments focusing on issues that affect income, performance and profitability of stores.
- To attend and positively partake in all regional team meetings, presenting as required.
- Implement a strong service culture to your store management teams.
- Ensure all staff strive to exceed customer expectations.
- To ensure customer complaints are resolved and dealt with effectively.
- To implement plans to drive up our customer satisfaction results (mystery shops) to exceed company target.
- To ensure store teams understand the importance of repeat business and new customer acquisition.
- Make sure all employees are fully briefed on promotions/marketing activities
- Working closely with the Regional Operations Manager and the National Gaming Manager the AM will optimise the performance of products within the Gaming, Tanning and Catering business streams.
- To have commercial awareness of machines in the competitive arena, new product and industry movements.
- To manage the long term efficiency, effectiveness and best use of various products across our three business streams.
- Increase growth and profitability of the business from current level through monitoring store performance.
- Coach and develop Store Managers and supervisors knowledge to enhance their commercial awareness of the products.
- To continually review store layout to maximise revenue, whilst ensuring customer service/experience is not affected.
- To have regular product reviews with the ROM and put forward recommendations with regards to product development, machine moves, layout and purchasing proposals.
- Monitor machine moves and uncover unusual activity, as well as investigate and action.
Machine Standards & Exceptions
- Any potential theft or fraud activity must be reported immediately to your ROM and Security Department
- All exceptions to be investigated weekly and unresolved issues to be reported to the ROM and Security Department.
- Monitor operating percentages ensure they are within the budget guidelines.
- Ensure the correct balance of machines at each store.
- Control all cash differences, investigating adverse variances.
- Attend a minimum of one cash collection per week.
- Ensure employees are fully trained and are present to complete the weekly cash collection.
- Ensure an accurate cash collection is achieved, investigate and action any anomalies.
- Ensure correct licences are held for each store, and monthly checks are completed.
- Ensure the sentinel box checks are completed weekly.
- Ensure all technical aspects are being adhered to through regular communication with the technical teams.
Building & Maintenance
- Conduct store and building maintenance inspections as instructed by your ROM.
- Report any security risks immediately to your ROM and Security Department, in relation to the general security of the building.
- Immediately action any emergency repairs including potential security risks in the property to the approved maintenance contractor and inform your ROM and Security Department where necessary.
- Refer all jobs for repair renewal to your ROM for authorisation
- To execute the regions marketing strategy as agreed with your ROM.
- To put forward local recommendations/strategies to your ROM.
- To brief and coach teams on promotion/marketing campaigns, ensuring they are fully committed to driving the promotion to succeed.
- Set targets when necessary.
- Audit internal planograms are being adhered to
- Monitor the success of the promotion/marketing campaign and feedback to your ROM and Marketing Department using the analysis tools.
- Advise your ROM on changes to the local market place for example gaming, tanning & catering operators that have either entered or exited the area or have implemented any notable marketing strategies, campaigns and pricing policy.
Business Development & Expansion
- To suggest opportunities for expansion to your ROM.
- Support the ROM with the specific launch programme including consultation, induction and training processes.
- Support the business expansion projects as and when required.
Compliance & Security
- To adhere to the licensing objectives and licensing conditions (LCCP’s).
- As a personal management licence holder, you must be aware of your responsibilities and comply at all times.
- Ensure all stores are “safe & legal”, fully compliant with regards to current legislation met under The Gambling Act.
- Ensure the Gambling Commission objectives are followed and implemented without exception.
- Collate, review and sense check all social responsibility quarterly returns prior to forwarding to the Compliance Department.
- Address and action any issues found from the review and inform the Compliance Manager of any action taken.
- Complete monthly compliance refresher training with all employees and return training documents to the Compliance Department.
- Audit areas of security such as CCTV, alarms, (personal attack), safes and critical locks.
- Ensure all AM and SM audits are completed weekly/monthly and to deadlines.
- To ensure where applicable we have qualified appointed persons in place who are compliant with regards to food licences, alcohol licences, and treatment licence (Kwik Tan).
- Ensure all policy and procedures laid down by the company are adhered to.
Health & Safety and Human Resources
- Ensure employment functions including interviewing, hiring, inductions, coaching, performance management, appraisals/ disciplinary and salary reviews are actioned.
- Working in partnership with the HR department ensuring KPI targets are achieved with regards to cost, recruitment and retention.
- To introduce effective holiday rota ensuring a staggered approach across the year.
- Audit absence and holiday trackers are up to date and accurate.
- Accountability to ensure your area is fully compliant and safe in relation to the following:
- Health & Safety Fire
- Security Disability
- Discipline & Grievance Maternity & Parental rights Bullying & Harassment Social Responsibility Equality & Diversity
- Data Protection Act Redundancy
- Absence Management
- Terms & Conditions of Employment Working Time Directive
- Food Hygiene
- Novomatic Code of Conduct
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to complete other reasonable duties.
Admiral (the trading name of Luxury Leisure Talarius) is part of the highly esteemed Novomatic Group and is a renowned provider of arcade and slots entertainment bringing the casino experience to the UK High Street. We operate the best gaming and amusement machines on the market with ongoing investment in the latest releases and technology. We pride ourselves on offering impeccable environments and service for customers to enjoy the experience.
We are a fast-paced, 7 days a week business and as such the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. The interviews will be held upon receipt of a sufficient number of applicants.
The company care about your privacy and we are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with the GDPR Data Privacy Laws. By submitting your CV you are agreeing to your CV being retained in a secure location